Modular Kitchen is the most essential part of a good interior design project. Modular kitchens have evolved a lot over the past few years with various new finishes and different types of accessories to give them a good look and also better functionality. Lets look at some of the best finishes recommended for a kitchen these days.
1. Acrylic Finish KitchenAcrylic is a high gloss reflective finish that gives a shiny, modern look to your kitchen. They need regular cleaning to ensure the shine always continues without any visible stains.
2. PU Finish KitchenA royal-look finish, PU is a kind of paint done over exterior grade MDF boards. This is another high gloss finish recommended for luxury projects by most interior designers.
3. Veneer Finish KitchenWhile veneer is mostly used only for wardrobes and other units, some designers also use it for kitchens to give that classic feel. However, it requires high maintenance.
4. High-Gloss Laminate Finish KitchenHigh glossy laminates are a special variety of laminates with a shiny texture. These are a good alternative to Acrylic or PU finish as they are relatively cheaper and low maintenance. Recommended material for shutter is exterior grade MDF board as uneven surface of ply might impact the finish.
5. Matt Laminate Finish KitchenMatt laminates are the most budget friendly option and also the most used choice in India. They are available in a wide variety of solid colors, wooden grain designs and other digital prints.
6. Solid Wood Finish KitchenSolid wood kitchens are rarely used these days as they are expensive and difficult to manufacture. But a lot of people prefer to have a more traditional look or a aesthetic design.
7. Membrane Finish KitchenMembrane finish is another popular finish these days. While giving a look of solid wood these are actually synthetic rolls which are glued over exterior grade MDF boards. This finish is much cheaper compared to solid wood kitchens.
Hope the above points helped you pick the right finish for your kitchen. Do check out our completed projects to get more ideas for your home interior project.
If you have any questions, do post them in a comment below and I will be glad to answer them.